INSANE FADING FAKE


You need to get this right.
You cannot be always right.
You need not take this light.
You don't have to whine
You may choose to wine and dine
Only listen, listen when I guide
You may brag of light coloured skin
But can you see the zebra skin coming?
Only if you know
Know that you'll grow
Can you see it?
Can you see that day when your fake beauty glows no more?
Can you imagine that day when your fair skin becomes reddish black with spots?
Only if you know
You'll chose to learn
With the least chance
I will take my stance
Just to let you know
You can be wrong
When you were black, bold and uniquely different.
When you were black as a lightless night
And your smile as the brightest light
I couldn't help but respect you, love you, dream you and think you.
I am not racist
I am an activist
I am not singing for blacks
I am only preaching to blacks
I preach blackness
Preaching against bleaching
You glow, yet you're fake.
Fading the black you cannot buy.
Hating the original beautiful you, I eye
Loving the fake you,
Are you born, bound to be fake?
It's insane,
Faded pale face
For goodness' sake.
Desist from this disease
This canker may give you cancer
Denouncing your race, you go for a race with no name
A new race whose history can only be traced as far as the net hyprogel bottle.
Literally you say ‘my colour has come’
And I ask was it gone?
Where did it go?
Were you made to be fake?
Think twice
Think wise
Before you wear the next chemical  that fades you fake

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EWE NAMES AND THEIR MEANINGS

BROOM-STICK TAPE MEASURE

EVER-FRESH TRUST