AKOSUA VALERIE




I just met her. As a guy and lady of mid-age, we were formal in almost all our first ten sentences.  She wasn't looking like the normal campus girls with over-made faces. She was simply dressed but decently covered unlike her other mates who wear the world yet expose their wares.

I guess I addressed her like she was dressed. She was very organised for a first year so I asked if she was in second year though she looked too young for it. All she needed was a place to charge her phone so I welcomed her to a restricted computer lab I was permitted to use because of some few connections I've had around here. 

After offering her a place to sit, I went to sit behind my computer but she must do something too. So I went to show her something to read. She had to read my lame blog posts. Interestingly she was interested. So instead of the short one I offered, she read almost all my posts from the general ones to the personal ones like my rejected proposals, church disappointments amongst others. 

Ooooh my manners! I don't know her name yet. But she failed to ask me too after all these talks. Well, she should be a bit modest or I think shy or just not much spoken. One must be true about her. I asked the identity, she's a first year Biochemical student called Valerie. She said it meant strength. Of she course seemed to have some strong intelligence. But as my custom is, I told her I was Selorm and inquired if she had a local name since I'd prefer that to the one she gave. 
Great! She had a simpler one. She's Akosua (a female Sunday born's name in Twi). That was how I just started making a new friend. She's Akosua the biochemist in the making.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EWE NAMES AND THEIR MEANINGS

EVER-FRESH TRUST

BROOM-STICK TAPE MEASURE