SEARCHING FOR PEACE; FINDING UNREST





How did I get here? The centre of blissful joy. I have finally found the long sought centre of blissful joy. What I admired nature from where I perched. Below the branches of the strong oak tree just seeping my coke. The non-natural sights of my house and room pushed me here to appreciate what nature could offer. Trying to shove away the teething troubles of a new semester behind myself.
But at the distance of a neck's-stretch I see one that's not so natural though beautiful from afar.  I saw artificial illustrious illuminations through the black greens. In the midst of it I sat and could not help but seeing it far off.
Beautiful scenery with sin behind the scenes. The colours that make up a kente cloth cannot blend to form this beauty.  From where I was relaxed that evening I had no thoughts anymore o anything I hated.
Amidst all these I sit. Right at the centre. Only I am not the master of the developments nor a partaker its many lures and fantasies. Sentiments are becoming greater than my wits and my immature self keeps popping its ugly head up again and again.
I was finally enticed to leave the park to the party. Though, I wasn't dressed for a party; that which drew my emotions was stronger than my senses could rebut. So I hurried in my tattered clothes and floppy to the party. Stunning lights! Everything was coated inside the party. The walls, chairs, drinks and the faces. Some, beautiful and some handsomely unattractive.
My body wasn't fitting in, my mind fought my feet all the way there. But finally I am here. Losing the joy of my natural beautiful dark scenery and I have entered the beautiful-from-afar and pugnaciously sinful on approach scenery.

It didn’t have to take long for me to realize the party wasn't meant for my types. I could not bear the foul smell of the alcohol, the half-dressed folks who knew no shame. The smoke deprived my nose off clean air. And the sound was just too loud and meaningless. Only daredevils can have fun in there. But the masochists and sadists were having a good time. So I moved away from the displeasure offered by my room to the disgust of a party scene full of sin and I now need consciously to let go of the sights. And my issues still need a remedy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EWE NAMES AND THEIR MEANINGS

BROOM-STICK TAPE MEASURE

EVER-FRESH TRUST