dEaR sIn

Dear Sin,

You have always been but rarely is seen

Your bait, Mr Temptation looks great till you get us jailed

The gate of your dungeon is a thing the world’s heart dreams

At last, alas! The devoted captives you own cry

Dear Sin,

We have walked, talked and worked,

Our times together never are less than a mess

But like the fool I was, I loved you in full

All these while swimming in your pool

Believing the lie that told me you’re cool

Dear Sin,

I call you dear not because you are but just so you lend me your ears

Yes! The years we shared in your bed,

The moments when you clad your lies in your wide smiles

Teaching me lust and calling it love

I followed on till you led me astray and ready to be slayed

Dear Sin,

Alone in my heart you made your safe abode

But Dear Sin, today your rent expires

And the tents of your spies are rend

The deep scars you left on my hearts wall,

I’ve found a healer who’d seal

Dear sin,

I miss how you made a toy of the boy I was

Your lessons were costly; I spent a valuable part of me to learn them.

You made me love the now and robbed me of love for the best

But I'm glad to be freed from the capture of your spirito-myopia spell

I'm dead to you yet alive, the One who once for me died, to serve.

Dear sin,

I’m the captive you lost

But I am the happy son He freed

Now at home, I plead to be alone

Away all days from thee and always with Him

His bruises do more than your vices can dream

I resign and signed for Him my life to reign

Forever, Dear sin, dare me not, never!

 

Comments

  1. Very true scenarios. Sin is sweet but only for a while. God bless u Selorm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dead to sin but alive in Christ. But how easy we sometimes easily go back to the mud. May Gods saving grace be abundant for us. Thanks bro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great on there! Truth of the matter is Sin has no power over the BELIEVER... Never again!
    God bless you brother!

    - Paddy-othniel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true, Sins lessons are very costly. That's a good piece, keep it up

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EWE NAMES AND THEIR MEANINGS

EVER-FRESH TRUST

BROOM-STICK TAPE MEASURE