Where's Hope?


The wall was walking and the rivers stopped flowing, 
Life stopped and the rocks grew bigger,
But the dead beats of my heart told me I was alive.
Nobody was speaking and only ghosts were murmuring from afar,
I was still in yesterday when tomorrow bypassed me.
My keys failed to unlock my doors and my loads grew heavier.
My dreams went behind me and failure beckoned from before me



To run didn't seem wise; my limbs seemed to fail me,
Even if they hadn't failed, to where do I run?
For the door remained locked and the keys still useless.
Quitting seemed wise, but the voices of my numberless dependents cried;
So I looked on them, smiled at them to give them hope
Then I turned, walked and cried my heart out unending,
My lips seemed sealed but my heart spoke to my God

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EWE NAMES AND THEIR MEANINGS

EVER-FRESH TRUST

BROOM-STICK TAPE MEASURE